We have no control over these links, so please use self-care, but we thought they might be good resources for you. Take care.
* If this is a crisis situation, our site administrators are not trained or equipped to be your best source of help. Here are links to professionals who are trained and ready to help you. Don't be afraid to make a phone call to a hotline or to the police - they are there to help.
Suicide - Please Read This First
- CANADA 1-800-784-2433 | 1-800-273-8255 | SuicidePrevention.ca
- USA 1-800-784-2433 | 1-800-273-8255 | Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- UK 08457 90 90 90 | firstname.lastname@example.org| Samaritans
- NEW ZEALAND (09) 5222 999 within Auckland | 0800 543 354 outside Auckland | LifeLine.org
- AUSTRALIA 1300 651 251 | SuicideLine | 1300 659 467 Call Back Counselling Services
- ImAlive.org Online Suicide Crisis Network 24/7
- US National Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-HOPE - Free, confidential, 24-hour hotline
- Web MD Crisis Assistance Resources
- HopeLine Domestic Violence Help
- Canada Suicide & Crisis Hotlines - Crisis lines in Canada
- Hotlines, Shelters, Crisis Centers - Worldwide, searchable by country
- RAINN - Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
- The Befrienders - Worldwide numbers
- The Samaritans (UK) - Provide confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing any feelings of distress
Abuse Survivors Links
- Together We Heal - Free counselling and resources for CSA survivors
- The Lamplighter Movement - An International Movement for Incest and Child Sexual Abuse Recovery
- After Silence - Resources and message boards for survivors of rape and abuse
- As Waters Passing By - Resources for survivors of abuse
- Dancing in the Darkness - Resources for female survivors
- Dancing in the Darkness - Resources for male survivors
- Childhood Sexual Abuse - The facts
- Emotional Abuse - One person's view on what it is, the after effects and how to heal from it
- Betrayed Boys - A new site made by one our members for male survivors
- Victims of Violence - Canadian federally registered charitable organization for victims.
- Know More. Say More. - A project to share your experiences and tell your story.
- We Are Survivors - An action website that discusses core issues affecting adult survivors.
Sex Offender Registries
- FBI National/State Sex Offender Registry - An American resource for sex offenders
- Public Safety Canada - The facts about your safety rights in Canada
- RCMP National Registry Information
- United Kingdom - Sex Offenders - Information and resources for UK registries
Coping Skills and Articles on Healing
- Coping Lists - Making and using them
- Memories - Learning to trust them
- Self-Nurture - Some ideas on how to be good to yourself
- Stressed? - Some exercises to reduce it
- What are Flashbacks? - Including tips on how to deal with them
- What are Triggers? - Including some quick grounding skills
- NEDIC - National Eating Disorder Informatin Centre
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Kids Health Page - Contains information for parents as well as kids.
- Dissociative Identity Disorder - Some facts about DID/MPD
- Medicine Net - DID explained in easy to undestand terms.
- Survivors' Chat Rooms - Editorial on internet safety and chat rooms
- JustTell - An online resource for teens and adults.
- Ritual Abuse, Ritual Crime, and Healing
- Survivorship - has paid memberships, but also some good free information
- Youth and Self-Injury - For young people dealing with self-injury
- Mosiac Minds - Alternatives to Self-Injury
- Secret Shame - Self-injury information and support
- Self-injury: Types, causes and treatments - A helpful guide. Please use as a guide only and not a replacement for a professional
Please note that Wikipedia takes a scientific and objective approach to information. Their articles are very informative, but may not take the compassionate point of view you are used to seeing.
- Coping Skills
- Dissociative Identity Disorder/DID
- DSM-5 - Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Psychological/Emotional Abuse
- Physical Abuse - The Header article. See their subheaders for more information.
- PTSD/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Assault
We do try to check that the links are still active but if you find any broken ones please contact us.